As you will be well aware by now, all our human systems are currently dealing with the pandemic caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As all other enterprises, Kent Food Hubs CIC is impacted by the disruption the virus causes to people’s lives. We hope that you and your families find ways of coping with the situation as it unfolds.
We like to briefly share essential information that you are likely to have seen before but, just in case:
The NHS provides important and timely information on the Coronavirus here. You will be able to find health advice and access to crucial services there.
How does KFHs fit in
We would like to support our communities during this time of rapid change. We would like to support people to not feel anxious about the basic supplies they need to survive. We feel we are in a good position to make a valuable contribution. We are sourcing as much as possible from local sources, which means that issues in logistics and cross country/contintent transport are not going to affect us as it does the supermarkets.
KFHs works for a world of local and resilient economies and communities. In times of globalised food systems, globalised industries, global travel, global warming this is an activity that re-centers our attention in the places where we live. It takes care of the environment that we fall back on when the going gets tough.
What we are doing
In practice, this means:
- We are cancelling the Vegan and Sustainability markets in Ashford for now, until things have normalised a little. Instead we are running additional online ordering opportunities that sell the same range of products as the markets would (and more);
- we are offering hand sanitisers at pick up points;
- our staff will be wearing face masks and gloves during packing and pick up;
- as our operations are fairly small at this stage (remember, KFHs is still very new) we can bring your box out to your car if you like to avoid crowds. Please add this as a comment to your online order, as well as providing your mobile number for this to get coordinated on pick up day;
- we are doubling down to offer home deliveries to all our customers as soon as possible. We are working on this as quickly as we can. You will be able to get your order deliverd to your home in Ashford within a month (probably less).
If there are any other things you like us to consider doing please get in touch with us via enquiries [at] kentfoodhubs [dot] co [dot] uk
All the best from your KFHs team!